Cook time: 30-35 minutes
3 tablespoons Cooking Fat
1 medium Yellow Onion, sliced thin
3 cloves Garlic, diced
2 bunches Swiss Chard, stems removed.
Salt and Pepper
2 pounds Kielbasa (8 total links)
Splash of Vinegar
1. Pre-heat your grill over high heat. Remove kielbasa from fridge to bring to room temperature before cooking.
2. Heat 2 tablespoon cooking fat in a deep heavy bottomed frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and a pinch of salt, caramelize for 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Turn down heat if onions begin to crisp.
3. When you add onions to pan, slip out and place sausage on grill. Reduce heat to medium low. Cook for 10 minutes on one side then turn. Cook for an additional 10 minutes. The sausage is safe to eat when the internal temperature is 165 degrees. Remove kielbasa from grill and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
4. While onions are cooking, de-stem chard, stack leaves, and slice into 1/4 inch ribbons.
5. When onions are golden and soft, add remaining tablespoon of cooking fat. Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
6. Add chard in batches. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Mix chard and onions in pan, cooking greens for 5 minutes, or until tender to your preference. Add a light splash of vinegar. Taste and adjust seasoning to your preference.