Why should potatoes have all the breakfast glory? Turnips are both a familiar and novel morning addition. The pea tendrils add an early healthy boost.
Cook Time: 20 minutes
2 bunches Little River Turnips
4 tablespoons olive oil or butter
1 lb Wild Harmony Breakfast Sausage
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 cloves garlic, minced
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tablespoon herb (thyme, rosemary, sage, etc) of your choice, roughly chopped.
1 doz. Wild Harmony Eggs
1 bag Little River Pea Tendrils
1. Pre-heat oven to warm.
2. Combine garlic, lemon juice, and herbs in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Halve turnips length-wise. Cut into crescents approximately 1/4 inch thick.
3. Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil or butter in a large cast iron over medium high heat.
4. Heat 1/2 tablespoon cooking fat in another saute pan over medium high heat. Cook sausage through, approximately 8 minutes. If cooking in patties check one to see if center is cooked. Remove from heat and place into warm oven until ready to serve.
5. While sausage is cooking, saute turnips for 8-10 minutes until nicely browned. Turn often so that turnips do not burn.
6. Season turnips with salt and pepper. Remove to an oven safe serving dish. Drizzle garlic, lemon juice, and herbs over turnips. Place in warm oven.
7. Cook eggs as you wish.
8. Garnish liberally with pea tendrils. Serve.